Technical Support Engineer – full time
Location: ROE Visual Europe - UK office
Are you interested in working for an international and industry-leading LED manufacturer? ROE Visual is a Chinese-based LED manufacturer that delivers high-quality LED products from CN, US, and EU-based offices to the film and entertainment industry.
ROE Visual delivers top-quality products, which resonates in our work, and client relationships. We use our expertise to support our clients to the best ability. We are both passionate and helpful and go the extra mile to make things happen.
Our clients operate in an international work field with projects that are often under time pressure. Our ultimate drive is to contribute to projects and performances that give people an unforgettable experience.
For our European offices, we're looking for a UK-based, motivated, and enthusiastic member of our technical support team, preferably with a background in LED display technology or proficient knowledge of the market and language.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving all technical issues, using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support, or giving on-site support. More complex problems that require nuanced instruction might need on-site demos, training or written instructions, and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should have profound knowledge of and expertise in LED technology, preferably within the event or film market. If you're naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with often time-constricted issues, and can explain technical details simply, we'd like to meet you. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers will trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for testing and preparing all demo stock and complete systems delivered to clients. This will include working closely with our QC and maintenance departments and our client's technical staff, like on-site Engineers and Project Managers.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve technical issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Research and identify solutions to product-related issues (hard – and software)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues for individual products as well as (temporary) LED screen installations
- Ask customers targeted questions to understand the root of the problem quickly
- Track product issues through to resolution within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat, until they've solved a technical issue
- Appropriately escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g., product management team)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their products are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes, blogs, and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, LED engineer, or (freelance) LED technician
- Hands-on experience with LED products and LED processing platforms
- Good understanding of LED screen related systems and products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot fundamental technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
What we offer
ROE Visual offers a varied and responsible job in a diverse and driven team. The salary provided depends on age, education, experience, etc. The work location is London Area, United Kingdom.
Information and job application
If you would like to be considered for a role, please email us, attaching your CV and motivation: